Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Scaredy Cat

I have a confession to make. I love horror movies, absolutely love 'em; the scarier the better. However, I have a serious problem with the side effects. No, I don't have nightmares. You would have to be able to sleep for those. Every time I watch a scary movie, I sit up all night, hearing things that go bump. That's okay though. That's part of the fun of watching a scary movie.

The side effects I am in reference to are the commercials for the scary movies. That's right...the COMMERCIALS! Most of the time, the commercials for the movies are scarier than the actual movies themselves. I keep the remote in reach at all times just in case one of them comes on I can switch channels quickly.

I am a grown woman with three kids. What the heck am I doing investigating every single noise I hear at 2 in the morning because of a commercial? Thank goodness I work 3rd shift so I only really have this problem 1-2 nights a week. I would wake Grover up for a second during these times if I could. However, a tornado coming down the street wouldn't wake that man up.;)

So, once the kids are asleep for the night, it's normally just me and the cat...looking at each other like 'Did you hear that?' And then, just like the idiots in the scary movies, we are off to investigate the latest strange noise.;)

Well, I'm off of work tonight, and I have seen parts of the commercials for 'The Boogeyman' and 'Hide and Seek' already so I think I'll wait until Grover comes home so I can take a nap. That way I'll be ready for guard duty tonight.;)

Peace allll............

1 comment:

Shane said...

Not the ENTIRE time. Stop exaggerating.