Saturday, January 08, 2005

I Know I'm Getting Old Because......

I know I'm getting old because......

1. I read the obituaries looking for people my age.
2. My medicine cabinet is looking like a pharmacy.
3. I have smelled like BenGay on more than one occasion.
4. "Regularity" is becoming important to me.
5. I look at a male stripper and the only thing I can think is "He must be
cold."
6. I can use my joints as a barometer, thermometer and stock predictor
all at the same time.
7. I find myself watching the "Silver Care" life insurance commercials
with increasing interest.
8. My husband heard me moaning in the bedroom the other day,
charged in and I was alone, just trying to get out of the bed.
9. Roughage is not my friend.
10. The word 'gas' does not just apply to my car anymore.
11. I have become fond of the phrase 'back in the day.'
12. I have started stories off with "Now when I was a little girl"
13. I remember walking 5 miles to school in 6 feet of snow uphill both
ways whether it happened that way or not.
14. My younger friends look pained when I try to dance.
15. My joints crackle more than Rice Krispies.
16. I feel a lump on one side of my body and immediately check to see if
there is a twin on the other side.
17. I have discovered more than one thing on my body and said "What is this and when did it get here?"

Now, I am going to watch TVLand. Because I was a kid when the original series were on. And yes, bell-bottoms were that cool.

Peace.......







1 comment:

Sleeping Mommy said...

Those hit a little too close to home. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Nice site you have here.