Thursday, January 20, 2005

Problem Solving

My two little ones are learning how to resolve disputes between themselves. My 2 year old will simply take what he wants from the 1 year old. The one year old will then wait until the 2 year old decides to take a nap and then he will take his full sippy cup and chunk it at the 2 year old's head (with surprisingly good aim I might add!). Aaaah, if only the rest of life were this simple;-).

Now, the only problems I have had lately are as follows. If you have any tips on how to solve these daily hassles, please feel free to dispense advice. I'm all ears (not all mouth as my husband likes to say;-)).

1. I cannot seem to walk from one room to the other without one or both of my children grabbing onto my legs like living ankle weights. One weighs 50 pounds and the other weighs 37 pounds. The workout is good for me I'm sure but I'm having a hard time getting them to rotate sides so I can get both legs even.

2.My children's favorite food these days is cat food. They steal it from the cat and he is starting to look a little anorexic these days.

3.I asked my husband to help me with the housework a little more and his response was "I do all the driving! Isn't that enough?" Ummmmm....NO?

4.My bathroom is being inundated with male products....that's right..male deodorant, cologne, shaving cream, razors, clippers, special shampoos (don't ask!). Ordinarily, this wouldn't bother me but he never puts them away. EVER. They all stay piled up on the sink like some sort of metrosexual nightmare.


Random Memories:

One time I tried to sleep in silk pajamas on satin sheets and I kept sliding off of the bed so I ended up sleeping on the floor. How romantic is that.

A guy was trying to flirt with me once upon a long time ago. I thought I was cool. Until I turned around and walked into a wall. He never called.

Not only have I been called the wrong name during...ummm...'special moments', I have also had a guy fall asleep on me. Now there's an ego boost for ya.

Once had a guy call and ask me out and then he realized he had the wrong number.

Yep, it's moments like that that make me love my husband even more.

Peace all..........

2 comments:

Oh great One said...

Oh it is soo nice to hear from you again! It is so brave of you to share your embarassing moments with us. It made me remember some of mine own....Gee.... Thanks alot! Now it's time to go back to therapy.:|

SquirrleyMojo said...

Buy catfood w/lots of vitamins;
and I really liked the idea of driving the mop and vaccum . . .