Monday, January 10, 2005

Couple of Questions

I've got a couple of questions........

1. Why, when I am on the phone, can the kids be crying, the cat be meowing, the television be all the way up, dinner can be burning and my beloved husband will just look at me like "What?" However, if he is on the phone, you can breathe too loudly and he will give you the "Can you please do something about that?" look.

2. Why am I able to clean the house, bathe the kids, cook dinner, do laundry (and still look gorgeous;-)) while he is at work but by the time I come home from work the house looks like it needs to be condemned and the kids look like someone just found them out in a field and dropped them off in their beds?

3. Why does he tell me to "find whatever you want to watch" on television and then when I do he will ask me "You're watching THAT?"

4. Why, when he is on the computer, am I able to keep the kids from helping him type;however, when I am on it, he will tell me that he "can't control both of them at the same time." He will then proceed to the "Well, they just love you more" failsafe. (He knows that one gets me everytime as I will stop whatever it is I am doing to patiently explain, yet again, that that is just not the case.)

5. Why is it okay for him to just go to bed at anytime, as long as I am here but I feel the need to ask if he will watch the kids so I can take a nap?

6. Why is it that when the boys are being well-behaved then they are "his boys"? When they are misbehaving, suddenly they become "my rugrats."

I know I said a couple of questions but I have a tendency to be an extremist.;-)

Peace..........

8 comments:

Oh great One said...

Once again you hit the nail on the head!

Oh great One said...

Thank you for the kind words. I wish I had the gift with them that you do.

sprinkle4 said...

Thanks for the advice! Will do that:)

Sleeping Mommy said...

Just coming over to post a quick Amen to your post. I totally feel you on this one. :)

Basically, Why are men so incompetent? Because they know it makes us do all the work they don't want to do.

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you should get rid of him and save yourself a headache. You obviously dont need him. You do it all yourself anyway so why bother. Then you can do as you please.

sprinkle4 said...

Nah, I think I'll keep him around a little longer. I don't need him...that's true...but I do love him. He's actually a good guy....just sometimes too much of a GUY, ya know?

Oh great One said...

Get rid of him?!? Have you read his blog? They are quite a match! I bet life at their house is never boring!

grover said...

Only one comment to make ppphhhhhttttttttt! (<---web razzberry)