Friday, January 07, 2005

Rachel

My best friend in this whole wide insane world is Rachel. She has been my best friend for almost 20 years now. (Wow, I suddenly feel old!) If I had to name the one person who has had the most influence on me in my life up until this point, it would have to be her. And even though it is not a special occasion, I feel the need to thank her today. So here goes:

Thanks.......
for being my friend
for being my mentor
for showing me how to treat people
for getting my back when I needed
for defending me to people, even to my own family
for overlooking my faults
for complimenting me even when I didn't deserve it
for laughing at my stupid, stupid jokes
for being patient with me when I was frustrated
for letting me vent on you
for being awake for 3 a.m. phone calls
for cussing me out when I needed it
for ignoring your own problems to help me with mine
for going grocery shopping and everything else when I was agoraphobic
for being my kids' best friend as well
for just being my best friend..........God knows it's a hard job but someone's gotta do it!!

And I am glad it has been you.

Peace............

1 comment:

Shane said...

Oh my God. Am I getting a little misty?