Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gripe

My house was clean on Thursday of last week. Then I had to start my work week Thursday night. And I made the mistake of letting Joshua's cousin Chris spend the weekend. That means that I had 4, count 'em 4, members of the male species in my home unattended. Grover, Lukas, Jakob, Josh and Chris.......what was I thinking? By the time Monday, my off day, rolled around, my house had been destroyed. When I asked Grover what happened....well....of course, he didn't know. He's a guy....housekeeping duties are pretty foreign to him.(Or so he says) So....I have spent the past 2 and a half days restoring my house to it's former semi-glory. (I have kids....it's only gonna get so glorious;))

But I have come up with a new house rule: there can be no more than three testosterone bearing creatures in my home at one time. It just shifts the household hormonal balance too much for my taste.

Now I've got laundry to do. Eight loads. That was also done Thursday. How do 4 males go through EIGHT loads of clothes in 4 days? Because they think that magical laundry fairies come in when they're asleep to wash them!

If only they knew that their magical laundry fairy has serious PMS this week.

Peace alllll..........

1 comment:

Oh great One said...

I can't imagine the testosterone overload at your house!

Our house is equally divided even down to the cats. 3 and 3. Even though we are equal we still get butt loads of laundry!