Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Vexations

It is almost 5 a.m. here at sprinkles house, the house of sprinkles aka sprinkles emporium. Everyone is asleep but me, as usual. This is the perfect time to go over the last few days in my head and just start chunking stuff out. These are the things that have vexed me this week.

1. My friend Meghan got played. See, she went out with this guy a couple of times, slept with him (not the smartest thing), and now he has told her at the beginning of the week that he is moving in the next week and a half to Texas to become a member of the San Antonio police department. Now, in my opinion, I think that he was probably well aware that he was going to be doing this before they started seeing each other, considering the fact that they only "dated" for 2 weeks. I also think that maybe he could have given her this little tidbit of information before they SLEPT TOGETHER. Would have just been the gentlemanly thing to do. But then again, maybe I'm just a little behind the times.

2. My best friend , Rachel and I had a heated debate the other morning about 2 a.m. were she was more or less blaming God for everything that had gone wrong in her life. Yeah, yeah, we all do that from time to time. However, when it comes to blaming God for the choices that YOU have made during your life, well, that's just refusing to accept responsibility for your own actions. Plus, why are you arguing about this at 2 in the morning? Go to bed!

3. Grover and I had a minor tiff yesterday morning. I believe the two most memorable lines from that one were:
Grover: "oh, grow up!"
Lila: "oh, go to hell!"
There is a lot to be said for being succinct, yes? ;) Anyway, he apologized later.....about 12 hours later....because he finally realized it was his fault. Like I told him, I knew it was his fault in the first place and if he had just listened to me, he would have been alright. Men....can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em without getting caught.

4. Who are these customers that bring their small, very small children out to a resaurant at 3 in the morning? Take those kids home and put them in the bed please. (Unless of course, you're traveling or there is some other really good excuse to have them out at that ungodly hour)

5. Josh, my 11 year old, has begun to complain about the chores he is given around the house. His catchphrase? "I'm tired" in that whiny, petulant, 2 octave above dog hearing range voice. I know, darling......swimming everyday and watching the Disney channel all night must be so taxing on your youthful body. Wanna trade places?? I would pull a "Freaky Friday" in a minute if I could. Tired.....hmph.

6. On the 4th of July, a teenager threw a firework the wrong way and it exploded right by Grover's ear. He has been to the doctor twice, is on medication to reduce the insane amount of swelling in his ear canal and they are not sure if there is nerve damage or not, hopefully not. I can't find the teenager in question. I know he is around here somewhere and when he pops his little cowardly head out of his self-imposed gopher hole, I will be there to give him the thrashing he deserves. Idiot....there are rules for fireworks for a reason.

7. I spent an hour and a half last night cooking a wonderfully cholesterol laden dinner and hardly anyone ate because they were all "really tired.....the rain over the past few days just really has us all dragging". Yeah, well, drag your happy butts into the kitchen and clean it, because I've done all the work I'm going to do in there for one day. Oh, yeah, and we're having leftovers tonight! (BTW, it was pork chops, squash casserole and fried green tomatoes....a true southern epicurean delight!)

Anyway, I'll stop here for now. Not that I don't have a lot more stuff to kvetch about....I do. I just really, really, really hate the number 8. Don't ask me why....it's a long story.

And Grover's alarm is going off, so it's time to do the adult babysitting job of making sure he gets up for work on time.......again.

Peace alllll...............

3 comments:

Oh great One said...

Those are some valid "vexations". I know you said not to ask...but what's wrong with number 8? 8)

sprinkle4 said...

The number 8: years ago I was heavily into astrology, tarot, numerology and the like. (this was before I knew any better of course). In numerology, the number 8 signifies difficulty and death. I don't know why that started to bug me like it did but for years I wouldn't have anything to do with that number if I could help it....I wouldn't go on the 8th floor, be the 8th in line, etc. and now that number just reminds me of how stupid I was for so long. Oh, well...live and learn I guess.

B.B....LOLOL @ telling your husband to say he is sorry! I do that allll the time to Grover, otherwise I might never get an apology!

sprinkle4 said...

The one thing I have learned about change is that it is unavoidable. Whether you need it or not (or even want it or not!) there it is.;) Unless you're talking about self-change.....then I may have to agree with ya....even if I don't want to. :)