Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hormonal Happenings

I don't know if it's actually hormones or not, but I have found myself becoming strangely irritable over small things the past couple of months...such as:

Why do men think it's funny to teach their small children revolting things? Like how to say 'fart' and how to belch as loudly as possible?

What is the deal with these ridiculous looking ear pieces that people are wearing all the time so they can talk on their cell phones ALL the time? They look like they have some sort of extra appendage growing out of their ears. Particularly annoying are the ones that flash in the rainbow array of colors. Can we say.....let's stop being so self-absorbed and insulated and join the real world for.....oh, I don't know....how about....a real CONVERSATION?

The LED belt buckles. I'm going to buy one of those and it's just going to scroll....QUIET!

Why do people, once they have made their point, keep making their point? Why do they babble on and on and on? At some point it goes from making your point to just whining. (see: LED belt buckle...QUIET!)

Why have people in the public service industry become so rude lately? I really don't want to have to see you any more than you want to see me but since we're both here, can't we make the best of it?

Why, for the hundredth time, does Grover set that alarm for 6 a.m. when he knows that he's going to hit the snooze 20 times and not get up until 7:30?

When did this world become so shallow?

Why is Angelina Jolie adopting a child from Ethiopia when there are so many kids here that need a good home? Oh, yeah......that 'make me feel good about me' thing she's got going. (sorry about that...yes, I do believe in 'saving the world'; however, I also believe that charity begins at home)

When did slang, ebonics, and colloquiliasms become accepted forms of public speech?

'Bootylicious' is in the dictionary now........and they wonder why Asia is so far ahead of us in education.

When did so many women and young girls decide to dump the enigma and mystery of womanhood and replace it with "i'll show you mine if you'll show me yours"?

What self-respecting woman exposes her breasts for a string of plastic beads?

Don't worry....I think that this episode of crankiness will be over in another oh, 20 or 30 years maybe.

Peace allllll..............

2 comments:

Oh great One said...

Oh my goodness! You have touched on so many of my pet peeves!

CCB also sets the alarm clock early. Then hits snooze. It makes me crazy because I can't go back to sleep because I am afraid he will oversleep and be late! RRR!

Half naked women tick me off too! "Wanna know why you don't get any respect? It's because you dress like a hooker! That's why they treat you like a ho!"

Mad Housewife said...

My husband belches. He has taught my son and now my son belches. I've gotten used to it.

PS: They both giggle like little girls when one of them farts.