Friday, May 13, 2005

Disruptions & Distractions

I am a creature of habit....I admit it. Big changes I can deal with readily......move me to another state, change my job, put me in a different neighborhood....hey, no problem. But move my toothbrush from its appointed location and you will feel the wrath of a woman gone mad. (And we are not going to talk about the people in my house who put the bowls in the wrong cabinet....Grover!)

Anyhow, my need for continuity has come back to bite me in the backcheeks this week. They are remodeling the restaurant where I work. It should take about a week. They are not closing for 1st and 2nd shift but they will close for that week at 10 p.m. so all the graveyard people will have the week off. Okay fine. But they are doing some of the work now during graveyard while we are still open. Not so good. See, last night they had to close the entire smoking section for third shift. Let's see why this is important: drunk people (coming from the clubs) + pancakes - cigarettes = the dumbest idea I have ever heard of. Do you know how hard it is to explain to drunk people that they cannot smoke in a place they normally can. Major headache...many drunks left...along with my potential tip money. Add to that these jerk contractors in there with power tools and cords and crap thrown EVERYWHERE and fumes from whatever kind of sealant they were using and you get the whole very ugly picture. Threw my whole night off (I know, poor me;)).

And they will be continuing this whole sordid affair tonight....on a weekend....another college graduation weekend. This oughta be fun.....no really..... lots and lots of fun. Oh, well, woe is me....all for tomorrow, nothing for today.

(Not to mention the fact that I can't find my lucky socks;))

Peace alllll..............

3 comments:

Beth Fish said...

Aw heck - just let them smoke wherever. Anybody who minds needs more to drink.

CaCaBoy said...

They're under your bed.

At least that's where I always find my missing socks....that and BEHIND the hamper. I can sink 20 foot jumpers, putt in from 15 ft., hit a softball ANYWHERE I please, but hit the hamper with my socks....NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!

SquirrleyMojo said...

Good insight.

I'm great in a crisis. But day-to-day? Bleah.