Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Randoms

Why are there never any cops around when you realllly need them? And why do they always want to pull me or my husband over when we go to our friend's neighborhood? Could it be because we are white people going into a predominately black neighborhood so we must be drug dealers or drug doers? Or could it be simply because we have black friends?? (This is Alabama don't forget).

Why can I go to three different doctors about the same medication and get three different opinions? 1.It's just a side effect....don't worry about it. 2. Keep an eye on it...if it gets any worse call us back for an appointment. 3. Stop taking it now! It's going to kill you!

Why is it that sometimes when I am stuck in the middle of an excrutiatingly boring conversation (i.e. someone's monologue about their toenail clippings) that I zone out and start having fantasies of beating them about the face and neck with an iron bar....a really heavy iron bar?

Why can't the weathermen (excuse me, meteorologists..yeah right) EVER get the weather forecast right?

Why is it that the people that say they will call you never do and people you can't stand talking to call on an almost daily basis?

People who use their cell phones while driving should have their phone hands chopped off. The only exception to this is if you have a true emergency at the time....and that does NOT include calling your husband to see if he said strawberry or chocolate ice cream!

When I was a kid my mom used to tell me "It's a man's world." She would then say "That's why it's going to hell in a handbasket." She was never one for subtlety.;)

I am currently on a diet that consists of no's: no fatty foods, no fried foods, no fast foods,no condiments, no sugar, almost no dairy.......hey, you done with that cardboard over there? Wondering if I could grill that up for lunch.

The word 'wedgie' has now been added to the dictionary. Is it any surprise that this country is losing its edge as the premier superpower? Shouldn't be now.

Why do people come in a restaurant and order a double double chocolate death by chocolate dessert and a diet soda?

Why do my kids kick their blankets off at least three times a night and I have to continually get up and cover them back up so they won't get too cold?

I wish I could tell my mom how right she was all along.

Why do I only have people come by the house when it is a mess? Do they have radar or something?

Why do I talk so much, think so much, fear so much, cry so much, argue so much and question so much??

Thank you very much.

Peace allllll...............

3 comments:

SquirrleyMojo said...

feeling a bit violent today??

Oh great One said...

You preach it Sprinkle!

I have the kids/blanket issue too. I think I will just let them be and if they get cold they will do it themselves. Then I picture them curled in a ball shivering and I can't sleep until I take care of it.

Shane said...

Man L, you need a cigarette (or maybe a "special" cigarette).