Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Man Oh Man

I really hate to complain but sometimes it seems as if women got the short end of the stick on this whole 'man/woman partnership' thing. I know Eve was the first one to bite the apple (or whatever fruit it was) and Adam merely followed her lead. But consider:

1. Women not only have to be the ones who are pregnant for 9 months and then give birth (16 hours of agonizing labor I tell ya....16 HOURS!! (sorry ...just practicing for my son's guilt trip in a few years;))) but we also have: menstrual cycles, PMS, hormonal imbalances, possible osteoperosis and mustaches after a certain age.

2. Older men are considered "dignified", "sophisticated", "sexy". Older women are considered " little old ladies".

3. Most of the time, women are responsible for the whole birth control thing. (Don't even get me started on that)

4. It is far more acceptable for men to walk around with beer guts and saggy pants than it is a woman. (not that I aspire to do that but that's not the point.)

5. Everytime a woman gets upset, so many people assume that "it's that time of the month". When men get upset, they can do so freely and simply be considered a jerk, not a premenstrual jerk.

6. There is still a social stigma attached to older women/younger men...but older men can walk around with some vacant eyed 18 year old girl and their friends are like "HOORAH!" (not realizing they both look equally ridiculous)

7. Women have to wear bras. Men can't even keep their underwear clean.

8.Men will never know the joy of walking around all day in high heeled shoes, control top pantyhose, and enough makeup to cover up how they REALLY look. They also have never had to sleep on curlers.

9. Men can go outside bare chested and not get arrested. Laughed at, maybe, but not put in jail for it.

10. A man can still refer to his wife as 'the little woman' but I have never heard a woman refer to her husband as 'the little man'.

One of these days, when I am 105 and have a lot more to vent about, when I get to Heaven, Eve and I are going to have a reallllly long talk.

Peace allll.............

4 comments:

Oh great One said...

YES!

47 hours here! I hate control top pantyhose, bras,ovaries. and my period!

Spot on Sprinkle!

CaCaBoy said...

Okay, I believe the pain of child birth was a PUNISHMENT for eating the fruit. But as to the other stuff, sucks to be a girl!

I wouldn't mind EVERYONE walking around with out tops. But then again I'm a boob man.

begins with v said...

cacaboy, that's totally unfair...where is Adam's punishment for eating it as well!!! It doesn't matter who ate it first, they were both to blame! And don't even say that his punishment is having to live with a woman--that's just not right...hehe

I love this list!

Adrianne said...

I avoid high heeled shoes, pantyhose, makeup, and curlers. Call me a geek, but I just REFUSE... unless I'm going to a wedding or something.