Saturday, June 04, 2005

It's My Turn

By request from OGO, live in Huntsville, Alabama.....ladies and gentlemen....the results of my music meme (anyone who knows what meme means please tell me because I sure don't).

1. The total volume of music files on my computer is.....a lot...a whole lot. Can't give you the exact number (that's more Grover's territory) but I have roughly 600 songs for my personal use...no telling how many Grover or Joshua have.

2. The last CD that I bought was...Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano by Jean Pierre Rampal. It was actually released in the late 80's and it took me forever to find this copy. (Yeah, I'm a band geek....so sue me;))

3. The song playing right now is...Dragula by Rob Zombie...meant to be played as loud as you can stand it

4. Five songs that mean a lot to me:

1. "Drift Off to Dream" by Travis Tritt....you guessed it .....this is our song...mine and Grover's that is

2. "The Border Song" by Elton John...hard to find these days but definitely worth it

3. "Precious Lord" preferrably the Mahalia Jackson version....has gotten me through many long days

4. "This Little Light of Mine" my babies' favorite.....guaranteed to stop any meltdown....must be
accompanied by the clapping to get the full effect

5. "This Ain't No Thinking Thing" by Tracy Byrd...you all know that I met Grover on the internet. The
third time we ever talked on the phone he broke out his guitar, played this and sang it for me over
the phone.....while I was at work. See why I married him now?;)

Okay....I'm passing this one on to Grover because I want to make sure he updates every now and again and to Adrienne if she feels like it:)

3 comments:

Shane said...

Meme: A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.

sprinkle4 said...

Ahhhhh.....tank you so much grasshopper!:)

Oh great One said...

I'm so glad you are up and running again. I hadn't been able to get here for 2 days! It was making me crazy!

It looks like your house is like ours. We have everything from golden oldies to death metal to classical and plenty in between!