Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Time Passages

Just got an e-mail today informing me that my high school reunion is in 3 months. That's right... a celebration of 20 years away from hell. I debated for a few minutes on whether or not I should actually go and then I thought "Oh, why not?". No real reason for me to go except to cause trouble but that is a good enough reason for me. (Does anyone detect a note of bitterness?;))

Of course, over the next couple of months, I will have to find something to wear, set up the proverbial hair and nails appointment and lose, oh, about 20 pounds. Not to mention finding a good pair of boots capable of wading through all the bullcrap lies people are telling about their lives and kicking a couple of butts at the same time. (Chris Coultas be warned and be afraid....be very afraid.)

Now, this upcoming event has me thinking about how fast the past 20 years have gone by. And I still haven't done all of the things that I want to do. Hopefully, I'll have a good 50 or 60 years before I shuffle off this mortal coil and in the meantime I would like to:

Learn to ballroom dance...real dancing.

Learn at least 4 more languages (I already speak French and German), preferrably Italian, Russian, Mandarin or Cantonese, and Spanish.

Write down my life story (ah, the ultimate ego stroke;)).

Get on an airplane (maybe not fly but at least get on one!)

Go to Ireland, England and Israel.(Yeah, I know the whole flying thing may get in the way of that)

Live on at least 10 acres of land, with my own private woods.

Learn how to ski.

Go on a cruise.

And if I never accomplish any of the above, maybe at least I could learn how to make a really good pot roast.

Peace allllll......

2 comments:

sprinkle4 said...

I didn't go to my 10th one either. Not enough time had passed at that point for me to be strong enough to totally disregard others' opinions of me. So now I kind of have to ask myself is this for a trip down memory lane or just for a big 'screw you' to those who tormented me in those days.

Oh great One said...

Well apparently I am in the minority of people who didn't loathe High School. I actually enjoyed it. That being said, the people that I most care about from H.S. are people that I keep in contact with already.

I went to my 10 reunion and I had a great time at the BBQ. Most of the people went to a bar the night before but since I don't drink it wasn't my scene. Then came the nice formal dinner.....Everyone magically slipped back into their old cliques. (Cliques that seemed non existant earlier that same day.) Now my cousin (our class president) tells me that she is planning a 15 year reunion this summer. There are only a couple of people that I would want to see. I chat with them regularly but we don't get to SEE each other since we are all over the country. Who knows what I will do. Maybe I will go just to see how many more guys went bald!

Keep us posted Sprinkle, tell us what you decide!