Saturday, April 16, 2005

15%

Ya know, it really shouldn't be hard to do. Putting that standard 15% tip on the table. Really, it shouldn't. It not that much ya know. 15 cents per dollar of your check. (You know that I just now realized my keyboard does not have the cents mark on it. What kind of mess is that?? But, I digress.)

I'm not asking you to tip at all if your service was substandard. (Even though if I waited on you I know that it wasn't ;)) However, if you bring 15 people in and your check is ....oh......let's see.......$150, then guess what? A $5 tip is not going to have me jumping up and down, especially after I have dealt with everyone talking at the same time, talking to each other when I'm trying to get your order, using their cell phones like I am not even there and running me to hell's half-acre for your napkins, lemons, straws, extra ice, butter, and all the other junk that you so desperately desire. Not to mention that fact that while I am sweating like a bull moose you are going to look at me and say "Ooh, it's cold in here. Can you do something about that?" Certainly. Is there anything else you would like? A pillow? Some grapes that I can pluck off the vine and feed to you?

(Please remember that I do not feel this way about all of my customers. If I did then I probably wouldn't have a job. It's only about 5% of the population that is like this...it's just that this 5% keeps showing up over and over again!)

You know who are the best tippers in the world? Strippers. Don't know why, just know that they are. Weird, huh? You know who are the worst? Normally, people coming from church. (Yes, as a Christian, it pains me to have to say that. Read your Bibles people...the Lord loveth a cheerful giver!)

Anyhow, just needed to vent for a minute. Whoo! I feel so much better! Don't you?

Peace alllll...........

2 comments:

Oh great One said...

I hear ya! The restaraunt I used to work at would automatically add a tip to the bill if your party was over a certain number.

This is my philosophy. If someone did a great job then you should reward them for doing so well. Chances are the next time you come back you will have great service as well.

Remember people, waitresses live off their tips! The hourly wage is usually low. Those tips then get shared with bussers and bartenders!

SquirrleyMojo said...

i try to give 20% when i can.
i know "some people" who will only go out to a restaurant every blue moon and it is a financial stretch to do so--they order light off the menu & leave a light tip b/c they know they shouldn't be going out at all on a budget they are familiar with. once, one woman suggested to me that the waitress made more money than she did! imagine that!