Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Grover

Grover (my much put upon husband) hates his birthday. He is one of those people that just kind of wishes it would go away and people wouldn't say anything about it (not realizing that it ain't always about just him...ask his mom...she'll tell ya;))

Anyhow since today is the one day of the year that he dreads the most, I will make this short:

Happy one year closer to retirement day.

Happy one year anniversary of the earth orbiting the sun.

Happy 22nd anniversary of obtaining your first driver's license day.

Happy 20th anniversary of your being an Eagle Scout.

Happy 37 year and 6 month birthday to me.

Happy 4 year and 3 month wedding anniversary to us.

And most of all....(oh, just bite the bullet for a second would ya?):

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GROVER!!!!!

(And remember, because it's your birthday I HAVE to be nice to you all day!;))

(But don't think for one second that just because you don't like celebrating your birthday doesn't mean we ain't gonna celebrate mine!)

Love ya cuz!!!!

Peace alllll..............

2 comments:

Shane said...

To G: I'm not going to wish you a happy birthday because you and I are in the same boat. I also hate my (and everyone else's) birthday. What I will do is offer you some words of encouragement. Stay strong G. Let them have their celebration (it IS their celebration you know? You didn't think they were ordering that cake for you, did you?). You can do it man. Just get through today and tomorrow things will be back to normal -- like you're not even there. Cheers.

Oh great One said...

That was GREAT Sprinkle! Dancing around the subject with all those obscure dates....brilliant. I will have to remember that one for SHANE! ;) he he he