Sunday, April 03, 2005

Flowers & Fruit

I have never been a girly girl. Tried it on for size more than once but it just isn't me. I can't sew, (Grover can though..go figure) I cook moderately well, I hate to shop and I only own two pairs of shoes (honestly) because I just don't understand the point of walking on 3-6 inch stilts and maybe breaking my ankle just so my legs will look longer and my butt will look higher. I'm not a Quarter horse for cryin' out loud!

I only wear makeup when I am in the mood to do so...which is rarely. Just don't have the time or the energy to go through all the trouble of putting this stuff on that makes my face feel like it weighs 3 pounds. And the only time I will wear a dress is at a wedding or a funeral.

All of the above having been said, I do not have a problem with women who: wear dresses, high heels, like to shop, wear lots of makeup and giggle like jackals on acid. Hey, more power to them and to each his or her own. The problem is when I run across one of those who is like: "You would look so cute if you would just: wear a dress, lots of makeup, have really big hair and giggle like a jackal on acid." Oh, this comment is not exclusively for women...I have run across the occasional 'evolved' man who has said the same thing.....obviously concerning himself with my evidently low self-esteem, since I am not interested in posing and preening for the male masses. Sirs, please, resume watching t.v., scratching yourselves, and watching 'College Girls Gone Wild". Thanks.

The point is this: I will allow you to live happily ever after in your dresses and heels (men too if you so choose) if you will allow me to live happily ever after in my jeans and kicks. I am not running for office or looking for a husband. (have one don't want the other...figure out which is which ;)) Thank you for your support. This has been a public disservice announcement. ;)

Peace alllll................

No comments: