Monday, February 07, 2005

Warnings

I have always been one of those ultra-careful people. I always read the warning labels on medications, machinery and whatnot. But as I was in the bathroom this morning enjoying a little light reading, i.e. the back of a shampoo bottle, it struck me, once again, that some of these warnings are absolutely ridiculous. So I looked in the bathroom and around the house and these are some of the actual warnings that I ran across.

On a shampoo bottle: for external use only. Hmmmm....I wonder what flavor shampoo one would drink with red meat or fish?

On a curling iron: do not use in or near water. Well, all I know is the last time I tried to use a curling iron in the shower, the humidity took the curl right out.

On a blowdryer: do not use while sleeping. I never sleep, so I don't have to worry about my blowdryer ever attacking me.

On a chainsaw: do not attempt to stop with genitals. Honestly, it really said that. I can understand trying to be macho, but come on now.

Does the world really have that many stupid people in it? Oh, well, like George Carlin said....if you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

Peace allllll..............

No comments: