Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Fifi The Waffle Cat

I have a cat. His name is Fifi (don't ask how he got that name). Fifi is one of the most annoying creatures that God has put on this earth and I believe some days that he is God's way of teaching me patience. Either that or God really does have a sense of humor. Example:

My one year old son was eating a waffle. You know, one of those toaster thingie waffles (Heaven forbid mom would actually COOK one of those things in a real.....whatchamacallit.....waffle cooker thing...oh, yeah, iron...that's it.) So, he's walking around the house chewing on his waffle and minding his business. (Yes, I KNOW I should have kept him at the table but at least I fed him, never mind the etiquette portion of our program;))

The next thing I know, the cat comes racing through the living room and leaps OVER the child's head, at the same time reaching down with one paw and yanking the waffle out of the Jakob's hand, and takes off to parts unknown. Now this all happened in a matter of a millisecond but while viewing this in the moment, it seemed to be happening in slow motion, like one of those cheesy action scenes in the movies. (Think Six Million Dollar Man...if you're old enough to remember him.)

So, the cat is off with the waffle and my child is standing there trying to figure out what the heck just happened to his food. He looks up, and down, and around and sees nothing. Then he spies the cat with his waffle and proceeds to take it back. Well, since I don't want my baby eating something with cat spit on it, I won't let him have it. So he bites the cat and is satisfied with that. So I now cook the cat a waffle when I cook the boys one. Saves a lot of time and trouble, not to mention potential stitches for the cat.;)

Fifi has also been known to pee in the boys' potty seat, which is kind of sad when you stop and think that the cat is probably better potty trained than the kids.

When you are brushing your teeth, the cat will jump up on the back of the sink and stare at you.

Fifi will wake you up by standing on you and staring at you while licking his chops. Don't know if I should worry about this one just yet.

As I have said, Fifi is one annoying cat. I would get him the heck out of my house except for one redeeming quality that he has: when the boys go to sleep at night, he will get under the blankets, lie down between the both of them and go to sleep with them. And when I go to check on them, he will look at me like "I've got this. Go to bed. I'll wake you up when I want another waffle."

Peace alllllll..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story, this cheered me up. I also have a cat called Fifi, a small balck cat with a tear in one ear. Fifi is 13 years old and has lived outside for the last 11 years due to BAD behaviour, ie she turned ferile after being 'done' at the vets. Fifi attacked myself in the kitchen, sent the Welsh Dresser plates flying all over, hissed and spat at me whilst I cowered in a corner and was then booted out the back door by my partner where she lived up a pear tree for 2 solid days, after an exciting visit to the vet, a bill for £80.00 for injections to 'calm her down' due to a high temperature, Fifi now terrorises the neighbourhood and neighbours ask us to keep her away from their cats'. Ok, I am sure I can do that! Seriously she is well fed and watered and lives in the eaves of the garage, she also has her own Cat House made from a large plastic storage box with a cosy door mat placed inside. Again thanks for the story and better luck with the waffles!


Susan