Friday, February 11, 2005

Are You Talkin' ta Me?

I have several pet peeves. I know this is shocking, being that I am such a pleasant, mellow, kindly soul.;) Anyhow, I had to deal with one of the worst ones last week at work. To make a long story short, I cannot stand people who would rather talk ABOUT you than TO you. If you have a problem with me, please tell me first. Then you can tell anyone you want to and it will not be taken the wrong way.

However, if you have a problem with me and do not tell me, rather tell everyone else, then we have a problem. That is not only classified as gossip, it is also classified as unmanly, inappropriate, and unacceptable. Am I that intimidating? I wouldn't have a problem bringing an issue to you, know this. So why not show me the same type of respect? I was taught as a child that if you can't say something to someone, chances are really good that you shouldn't say something about them. And here I am thinking that I had passed the 6th grade already!

Many people do not agree with my approach. (Yeah, like this is unusual.) They would rather attempt to avoid direct confrontation, yet satisfy their urge to voice their opinion. I, on the other hand, just say what I have to say. Now, bear in mind, this does not mean that I am rude or mean-spirited about it. I try very hard not to be, simply because I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. If I have a problem though, I simply prefer to take the direct route to solving it, without all the bells and whistles. I mean, after all, we're all grown here, aren't we? If we are, could we please act like it?

Who knew selling pancakes could be this dramatic?

Peace allllll....................

No comments: