Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Fussy McFussy and the Fussytons

You know, I am not even sure what I want to talk about today. Got a lotta things going on in the noodle but it's all kind of rumbly and mixed up. One thing I do know is that I have a few complaints I'd like to put out there, but other than that who knows? So let's start stepping and see where we end up.

It's time for Grover to refill his medications for the month. They are for his cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. They all do a really good job, no problem there. The problem is that one of these medications, for a months supply is $200.00. You heard right, 200 smackaroonies. For ONE prescription, for ONE month. There is of course no cheaper generic for this drug, so you don't have a choice but to pay the money. And even with insurance, you only get 80% of it back (after about 6 months of red tape) so you can put it on the next refill. The AMA is one of the most proficient drug dealers in the world, because they will ALWAYS get you on the comeback. You can get a better deal off of your neighborhood crack dealer. And it's not like you can say "Oh, well, then I just won't take this drug." I mean, you could, but then you would probably die a lot sooner than you have to. No wonder people get their scripts from Canada. Capitalism is a wonderful thing but come on.

Why is the government so intent on getting people to quit smoking, while there is almost no mention of banning alcohol consumption. ( I am aware that we tried this once during Prohibition and it didn't work out too well.) Yes, cigarettes do kill people. Yes, secondhand smoke does kill people. So does alcohol and drunk driving. As I have said before, I have never heard someone say "Don't know how I ended up going home and having sex with a stranger. Maybe I shouldn't have smoked so many cigarettes last night." I have also never seen someone smoke so many cigarettes that they cussed their boss out or slapped their kids. I know, I know. People shouldn't smoke, people shouldn't drink and people really shouldn't eat red meat.......but either catch 'em all in the crosshairs or leave well enough alone. But if the government tries to ban/limit all of them, wouldn't that be considered an undue invasion of a person's freedoms? Hmmmm....I dunno. All I know is they ain't gonna be shutting down a McDonald's anytime soon. (They make too much money and pay too much in taxes....sounds like maybe the government is on the take.)

Okay, I'm starting to sound like a nut job now.

And another thing: I am getting SOOOOO tired of turning on CNN, Fox News or even my local news, or opening a newspaper in search of real, relevant news and instead seeing pictures and blurbs about celebrities. God bless 'em but I don't care about Angelina's baby bump or Brad Pitt's new haircut. I don't care what kind of toothpaste George Clooney uses or how many hairs Sean Penn has on his backside. I really don't. The stories about these people that are being shoved in our faces (Britney's rehab, Amy's rehab, somebody's latest arrest) as a form of entertainment would otherwise be considered simply pathetic if they were about regular people. The fact that a woman has lost her children because she has some serious issues is not entertaining for me. That you got a picture of an Emmy winning actress picking her nose is not something I am particulary interested in.

I know I can change the channel or turn the TV off. And I often do....that's how I end up here:)

Oh, and one last thing. I am SO, SO, SO sick of Oprah. I am tired of seeing her everywhere, hearing her everywhere. She likes a book, 50 million people buy the book. She likes the shoes, 50 million people buy the shoes. She endorses a particular candidate, 50 million people vote for that candidate. I mean, like I said, I am all for capitalism and hers makes for a very compelling rags-to-riches story. But, when all is said and done: she is a TALK SHOW HOST. That is what she is, people. She's no Edgar R. Murrow, Bob Woodward or Walter Cronkite. She's not even a Matt Lauer. She holds no degree in literature, journalism, or even fashion. She is just a regular person who connected with a lot of other people,as a TALK SHOW HOST. It's kind of a sad world, when people will donate to a charity because a talk show host says it would be a good idea, versus just doing it on your own. Who are these people that allow another person to think for them?

Well, my spleen has been vented, my chest has been unloaded. Hopefully I offended no one. And if I did, well, wait until tomorrow......I may offend someone else. :)
Whoo, I'm spent.

Peace alllllllllllllll..................

3 comments:

Ed & Jeanne said...

Slammin' Oprah? Here come the 50 million....

Just kidding...I'm sick of it too.

elizabeth said...

I can see your point on all but one...

"That you got a picture of an Emmy winning actress picking her nose is not something I am particulary interested in"

See now - that- THAT is what I live for.

Granny Annie said...

Oprah should be ashamed of one thing for sure and that is the price of her O Magazine. It is filled with pages and pages of advertising. The vendors pay to advertise and you pay to see their advertisements. It is ridiculous. But people do it. Oprah has to be one smart cookie.