Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Weight A Minute

You know, one of my New Year's resolutions was to lose a few pounds. Not many, just a few of the curves that I have are becoming, shall we say, a little toooo curvy for my taste. So, with that in mind I have been following (albeit verrrrry loosely) a random exercise program. Random, as in .....if I remember to do it, it gets done. If not, okay...so I'm not the most dedicated exercise type person there is. Housecleaning counts as exercise;). Sure it does.

Anyhow, I have one of those "get in great shape in 30 days" videos. This is called "8 Minute Abs". The hook is that you only have to do these exercises for 8 minutes a day, every day. Today is the first day that I did them. It started off okay. The kids were in their room playing and I thought "Surely I can steal 8 minutes to do this." Wrrrrroooooonnnngggggg!!!!!! The minute I started with the exercises, here comes Lukas, standing over me laughing like "Mommy fell down and she can't get up". Then Jakob runs over and decides that mommy's stomach would make a nice trampoline (thanks Fishy!). Then Foxy the dog decides that this is the perfect time to show her boundless affection for me by licking me in my face. (I haaaate it when a dog licks me in my face). Now, due to all of the "help" I was receiving, I could only make it through about 5 minutes of the 8 minute workout but I think, considering the extra weight I was carrying, I should get credit for the last 3 minutes.

Speaking of weight, took the boys for checkups yesterday. Lukas is 48 pounds and stands a whopping 3 feet and 9 inches tall. Jakob is 40 pounds and he is 3 feet and 4 inches tall. They are 3 and 2 years old. They are as big as most 5 and 6 year olds. I will hereby start saving my grocery receipts so that when they are drafted into the NFL or the NBA, they can pay me back for all of that food.....after they buy me the house of course;).

We will not talk about how much I weigh. Needless to say, the scale started screaming when I stepped on it. But, with me and the boys combined, poor Grover......he doesn't stand a chance;)

And now I'm off for my 8 hour workout. It's called "cleaning the house". Hmmmmm....funny, no one ever wants to help out with that one:)

Peace allllll............

1 comment:

Oh great One said...

That is exactly what a work out at my house is like! My son wants to sit on me. He also likes to join in but is mostly in the way. Gotta love those workouts huh?!