Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Random Frustration All Over the Place

My mom used to love the phrase "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I have tried for the most part to uphold that; however, it has come to my attention that I have been saying less and less because of this and sometimes you just have to say something maybe not so nice in the nicest way you can. Yeah, I know that I'm not making sense but that's okay too.

One of my pet peeves is people who are grouches when they first wake up in the morning (or whenever). You know the ones, they wake up barking at everyone and everything, ticked off because they have to be awake and part of the functioning world. I'm not talking about people who don't say anything until they get that first cup of coffee (or whatever). Those are okay. I'm talking about the ones that vent their spleen until they are leaving the house and then have the audacity to say "I love you" before they leave. Grow up already!

What is this fascination/addiction that people have with plastic surgery? Don't like something? Well, snip it, clip it, suck it out or pump it up. I'm all for looking the best you can but I think that, barring an actual physical deformity, you should attempt to do it with what you have. Botox, collagen injections, cheek lifts (both sets).....what ever happened to beauty on the inside being so much better than "beauty" on the outside. Because I have seen a lot of these people and if this current trend continues we will be developing a whole new breed of people-like beings who look more like aliens than real humans Give me my wrinkles, give me my graying hairs.....I have earned every single one of them. Just don't give me too many;)

To the parents who are involved in the class action suit against Nickleodeon and the cereal companies for advertising and marketing sugary cereals and snacks to children under the age of 8: GET OVER IT! They have done it for years. Remember Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam, the Sugar Smacks frog, the Honeycomb bear? Okay then. The only difference between then and now is this: my parents told me what they were buying for me to eat. See, they had the jobs and made the money so they could do that. I didn't realize that 4 year olds were running households and making the financial decisions these days. If you don't want your small children to eat sugary cereals and snacks, don't buy them and put them in your house! Buy something else, like........oh, I don't know.....FRUIT......or.......ummmmm......VEGETABLES. You know, the red and green and yellow stuff they sell in the store. And if your kids don't want to eat it, then let 'em go hungry. Beleive me, they won't starve to death before they decide an apple or some celery is better than nothing. You are the parents, they are the children. That's why most of us are taller see? So people can tell the difference.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.....it's good to be back. Was off on sabbatical for a little while. Had some pressure to get rid of, some junk to take care of. You know that whole recentering, refocusing thing that we all need to do from time to time.

Hey, it's great to be back home again:)

Peace alllll...........




2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

You go girl! We've all been missing your common sense venting. Welcome back!

Oh great One said...

I'm soo happy you are back!

The first thing I thought when I saw that law suit was,"I used to choose what cereal I wanted by what sort of toy was inside!" Maybe we should have sued them way back when!LOL!