Monday, December 26, 2005

Pink Boys and A Question or Two

I hope that all of you had a fabulous, wonderful, blessed and happy Christmas.

Having said that, let me begin my litany of complaints and questions.

We bought the boys a play stove for one of their Christmas gifts. It's really cool, it has light-up burners and makes the cooking sounds and what have you. Grover was reluctant to purchase it at first but after listening to my lucid and persuasive argument, he agreed to buy it. The reason he was hesitant in the first place is what was irritating to me. He didn't want to buy the boys a stove because they're BOYS. The fact that most of the world's greatest chefs are MEN must have escaped him momentarily. The funny thing to me is that he put off buying it for soooo long that the only one that he could find was pink and white. He's still trying to adjust to that;). ( Meanwhile, the boys love it and have been busy cooking fake pancakes and putting real apples in the fake microwave. Yeah, sounds like fun until you're forced to eat apples alllll day or face the wrath of a 3 year old and a 2 year old:)) So, what is the problem with boys and pink? Girls get to wear blue all the time and no one cares but put a boy in a pink shirt and every man within a 5 mile radius feels a sudden rise in their testosterone levels and runs to his rescue. It's a pink shirt, for crying out loud...I'm not trying to put them in heels and pearls here. It's a color people, just a color. Besides, someone's gotta wear it...and pink looks awful on me. But so far, I cannot get Grover to come over to the pink side. (Have you also noticed that it's just the men that have the problem with the pink? Most women could care less)

Another question....why are so many "horror" films these days so dependent on all the characters spending most of the movie screaming and/or a massive amount of carnage versus simply being dependent on a good plot? Psychological thrillers are the best and they just don't make 'em like they used to. I don't need to see someone's head being lopped off every 10 minutes to enjoy a movie.

Grover got upset with me earlier today. He thought that I had done something which I had not done and went completely off the deep end. When I pointed out to him that I could not have possibly done what he thought I had done, I told him that I would accept his apology any time he was ready. His response was "well, I'll apologize for it but you're were being really difficult last Monday." What the heck does that have to do with anything?!?!? Qualified apologies.....I hate 'em, I really do. If you screwed up just admit it and be over yourself.

Fortunately for him, he did get me the Little House on the Prairie book set so I cut him a little slack;)

Now, let me eat one more fake pancake and one more apple and I'm going to bed before all that fiber catches up on me.

Peace allllll...............

5 comments:

Masha said...

early 90s thrillers are the best...Pelican Brief, etc..
Hope you had a nice christmas :)

Shane said...

God I love you sis. I can't answer any of your questions (you ask some pretty tough ones). I'm just sitting here smiling. You're great. Grrrrreat!

Oh great One said...

I think the stove idea was great. My son comes to me off and on all day and asks me to come cook so he can sit in his highchair and watch. He has also taken over all his big sisters fake food and cookware. He even gives the sound effects for the sizzling hamburgers!

I'm with you on the movies. I hate gory movies. I like the ones that keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing till the end.

begins with v said...

I agree with you one hundred percent about the color thing!!! I mean, it is society that has created certain colors for certain genders--it is ridiculous!

C said...

My son loves to cook in our fake kitchen, too. And dh is an AWESOME cook. He's always talking cooking with another Tae Kwon Do dad/friend of ours. :o) (is it bad to find that a turn-on?)

Here's a man who looks good in pink AND a skirt. :o) (with a manly scab on the knee to prove it!)

http://www.gerardbutler.boo.pl/gallery/displayimage.php?album=49&pos=62