Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year, New Day

Happy New Year to all and I hope everyone made it through their New Year's Eve festivities with minimum damage.

I was going to create a list of resolutions for myself for this new year but then I thought better of it. Resolutions are not things that one necessarily WANTS to do but rather they are things that they feel compelled to do in the quest towards becoming a better person. Losing ten pounds or learning a new language is not going to make a difference in who or what I am. Well, then what will? I'm not really sure...but I have made a list of things that I think will help me enjoy life more, some things that I have done many times, some I have never done.....ever. These are not resolutions, but plans.

This year I plan to:

catch fireflies in a jar
make a daisy chain
pitch a tent in my backyard and camp out with my kids overnight
go fishing
go kite flying
lie face down in the new grass of spring and not get up until I know that the scent of new life will stay with me forever

go wading and catch tadpoles or minnows or whichever I can catch
take my kids to the beach for the first time
go hiking in the woods

bake more cookies
go outside and play
build a snowman
make snow angels
make cloud pictures

walk in the rain (without worrying about catching a cold;))
jump in leaf piles
build a tree house

enjoy more sunrises and sunsets
sleep better
look at the stars
laugh more

Will all of these intentions make the world a better place? Probably not. But hopefully getting back to the simpler things will work towards making me a better person. And I think that's where it starts.

Happy New Year!

Peace alllllll................

1 comment:

begins with v said...

that is beautiful!!!! I think you have the right idea!