Monday, October 31, 2005

Remind Me Never To Do This Again.....Until Next Year

Well, this past Saturday night was my much aniticipated Halloween party for the kiddies. What fun, what fun, what fun we did have! Just a few glitches:

1. We were expecting 15-20 kids to show up at this shindig. HOWEVER, the other neighborhood kids just looked so pitiful we told 'em to come on in and stay a while. So the group went from 20 to 50 in about 10 minutes. The more the merrier I always say (I'm just reallllly glad we bought all that extra "just in case" candy:)...not to mention the air horn came in really handy as well;))

2. My best friend's cousin-in-law made the pinatas. Two of them. Now, she didn't know that most pinatas have a little thin spot in the middle to help with the breaking process. So hers did not have one. In other words, they were just like little boulders on strings. We had to have two grown men finally, FINALLY break them open for the kids...five good whacks with really big sticks. Okay, so we'll know better next time;)

3. We had kids over there and we didn't know who some of them were and where their parents were. So, we fed them, candied them and waited for their grown people to come and get them...didn't take too long. But I don't know how you can let your little one go over to someone's house that you really don't know and just leave them. Good thing we're safe, normal, sane people. (okay, okay....scratch the sane part....and the normal;))

All in all we had a great time.....even though it took about 24 hours to clean up all the mess.....and I don't even want to THINK about that many kids in one place for at least another year.

Not sure if we'll have many trick or treaters around the neighborhood tonight, but I've got plenty of leftover candy just in case. Oh, by the way, did you know that if you don't get the candy mix for candied apples JUST right that it will eventually slide off of your apples?? I didn't either but I do now. Oh well, live and learn.

I will not clean my house today...I'm still trying to figure out how to get melted chocolate out of my socks. (Don't ask..it's a long story).

Happy Halloween everybody!!!!

Peace allllll.......

3 comments:

Oh great One said...

That's exactly what I wanted to say. What a great mom you are....crazy but great!

begins with v said...

you know what this made me think??? I am glad that there are other Christians out there besides me who love Halloween!

and who don't try to cover it up by calling it an Autumn Festival.

sprinkle4 said...

You have my sincere word that no animals or humans were harmed during our festivities...unless you want to count the pinatas;)

There is nothing wrong with enjoying Halloween as a Christian. I have celebrated it every year since I was a kid and it never caused me any harm...unless you want to count the stomach ache I always got from being such a pig:)