Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bizarro Family of the Year Update

Lukas is three years old. You would think that his favorite programs would be....oh, I don't know....Barney, Blue's Clues, Dora..something like that right? Oh, nooooooo....not my child! His favorite shows all come on one channel....The Food Network....that's right...the food channel. Do you know how tired I am of watching Emeril, Everyday Italian and the Barefoot Contessa???? Yeah, I've improved my cooking skills but that is not the point.

We just got a new addition to my already fun filled family: a fox terrier named Foxy (yeah, I know...how unique. That was already her name when we got her) Our apartment managers gave her to us because they had rescued her from an abusive home and thought we would be the perfect people to take care of her. She's still really skittish but she's coming around slowly but surely. The kids absolutely adore her. (Lukas won't give me a kiss but he'll kiss the dog when she's not looking. Go figure.) And she has already developed a serious taste for macaroni and cheese (Alpo London Broil I buy this dog and she wants mac and cheese.) I figure a few months of living with us and she'll be losing Grover's keys too.

Jakob is in the terrible twos full force. He runs full speed through the house as often as possible and yells as loudly as possible. No reason....he just likes to yell. Not like the 'oh, I'm pitching a fit' yelling but the 'oh, I'm at a football game' yelling. And when the dog licks him in the face, he just licks her in the face right back.

Grover is still Grover....working all the time, sleeping when he can, grouchy most of the time and he still hasn't learned how to wash the pans in the kitchen. However, he has learned how to give the kids a bath when I ask him to. What? Do it when I don't ask him to? Now that would be too much for me to take.;) He also is still telling corny jokes. For example:

Two snails were in a car race. (Don't ask how a snail can drive a car....I don't know) Anyway, to identify the cars, each one had a letter on them. The blue car had a "B" on it. The red car had an "S" on it. In the middle of the race, the red car pulled away from the blue car and was well on his way to winning the race. The snail announcer became so excited that he shouted "Look at that S car go!!!. Get it?? Snails....S car go (escargot)???

This is what I live with. Someone please help me. Please.

And now my children are sharing a coffee cup of BBQ chips with the dog. Why a coffee cup? Why BBQ chips? Why the dog? If I could answer those questions that whole 'meaning of life' question would be a snap ya think?

Peace alllll.............

4 comments:

Oh great One said...

What a hoot your house must be! I love it!

Oh great One said...

Right ON! Who knew I could come to your blog to learn how to make money AND check out cold sore pictures! Yee HAW!

sprinkle4 said...

Yeah, I kinda liked the cold/herpes one myself...nothin' like a good set of cold sore pictures to get your day cranked up!;)

Mad Housewife said...

Sprinkle, you, of all people, should know that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Even if that man is just 3 years old, hee hee!