Tuesday, February 12, 2008

One Question

I only have one question today.

The answer to this question probably won't matter to a whole lot of people. It really shouldn't matter to me. But.....for the life of me, this question has been nagging me constantly for the past few days.....ever since I saw a commercial for a "documentary" entitled "Air Guitar Nation".

Seems there are national competitions to see who plays the best "air guitar". I guess one would be judged on costume, "playing" style and stage presence because as we all know.....an air guitar is a PRETEND guitar. It's not real....it's IMAGINARY! Yet, these people spend months "practicing" on something that is not real.

This is my question: If you are going to spend all of that time learning how to play something that doesn't even really exist, then why don't you go out and get a real guitar? Learn how to play that?

I know, it's not my business...it's theirs. It's not my concern...it's theirs. If I don't want to watch people engage in oversized rock star dreams to the embarrassment of themselves and their relatives, I know that all I have to do is turn the channel. I know all of this. But still....isn't it all a little childish? A little silly?

And a little bit pointless....since we all know; that,given a bedroom, a bathroom...or a kid-free house any day of the week.....I would SMOKE ALL of 'em!!

(Just not in public;))

Peace allllll................

3 comments:

begins with v said...

Well said! And those stupid Rock Paper Scissor competitions!

Oh great One said...

See, now I had no idea what that guitar nation was even about! Good thing I stopped by. I can't imagine pretending to play as a competition. I hope no one I know is a contestant. *grin*

Granny Annie said...

Do you think that air guitar contests spurred the invention of the Guitar Hero games? My grandchildren AND my adult children ALL love that game. Someone had to notice people being happy with pretend guitars and wonder what would they do if we put a plastic guitar with buttons in their arms?

Sprinkle, why am I not surprised that you are a "closet" air guitar champion?