Thursday, August 21, 2008

Anonymity and A Tear or Two

You know, I was over at Slade's blog just a little while ago and she posed an interesting question. She wanted to know if any other bloggers sometimes wished that their blogs were anonymous so that they could relate events,stories and whatnot about people without other people knowing who they were. (I think I got that out right.) My answer to this is a resounding YES!!

I think that anonymity=complete and total honesty. If people don't know who you are, then you are totally free to say what you want, to give your honest opinion and to present your feelings with complete abandon without fear of repercussion. And, although I like to consider myself an honest person, sometimes I just want to let loose with some of the darker things that plague me from time to time. Such as:

Sometimes my husband gets on my nerves. I love him, I really do. But sometimes, late at night, when he farts in his sleep for the thousandth time or when he steals every last one of the three (count 'em 3) blankets off of me and I wake up freezing while he is wrapped up like King Tut, yeah....I kinda want to punch him in the back of the head. On the occasions that he is in a somewhat perverse mood and decides to bait me until I get really irritated and then complain that he can't deal "with such an oversensitive person".....yeah, I kinda want to punch him in the front of his head.

Sometimes, I worry about my kids' futures. I worry that they may not go down the right paths, despite all that we are trying to teach them about being good Christians and good people. You know, you read so much in this day and age about children who were raised the right way and then decided to chuck it and do some pretty awful things.

Sometimes, I don't even feel like talking to people. And sometimes, when people are talking to me, I look like I'm listening but inside my head I am really thinking, "Are they ever going to shut up?......EVER?" And then I smile and nod and that gives them encouragement to just keep going.

All in all, I am normally a pretty happy person. But, even the best of us need to let the junk out sometimes. And at the risk of offending someone, or sounding crazy, at this point, I just wait on Grover to go to work and the kids to go to school and then I let the junk out....by cleaning, exercising, writing, yelling...whatever. See, this way everyone stays safe, and happy...and oblivious.:)

Peace allllllll................

P.S.

Just had to add this: Last night, I was putting the boys in bed and as they were laying there in the dark and I was sitting on the foot of their bed like I always do, Lukas started crying. When I asked him what was wrong, he told me "I miss Sunny and Izzy (the two kittens...Izzy passed away and we gave Sonny to a friend of ours.....the other two still live here)" I told him that Sonny had gone to live at Ariels house and that Izzy had gone to live with Jesus. As a concession, in the hopes of making him (and Jakob, who by that time had gotten a little upset himself) feel better, I asked him if they wanted to go visit Sonny over at Ariels house this weekend. They said yes, and the matter seemed to be settled. Then Lukas pops up with "And then we need to go see Izzy at Jesus' house." After I told them that we wouldn't be able to do that for a long, long time, I asked if he needed a hug and he said yes, "And a kiss too please." So, I hugged them both for about an hour (or a minute or two) and they went on to sleep. And I cried for the next hour. Sometimes I don't think we realize how very hard life can be on the little ones. And how very carefully we must nurture and protect tender hearts and gentle spirits.

Hug your kids today and tell them that you love them. They need it, no matter how tough they are.

Peace allllllllllllllll....................

2 comments:

Oh great One said...

They are so tender aren't they? My kids have made me cry more times than I can count. When they are broken hearted it crushes me.

I'm not a kid and I still cry over losing my sweet Simon kitty!

Granny Annie said...

Children are so honest in their sensitivity. Sometimes too honest but their touch always makes sparks. With all my grandchildren here we've been seeing lots of sparks. I wonder if they ever want anonymity?