Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Plans

My children start to school on August 6th. ALL of them. Josh will be starting the 8th grade and Lukas and Jakob will be starting kindergarten. (We didn't start Lou last year because he wasn't quite ready yet...so now he and his brother will be starting together.) They will be starting on a brand new chapter in their lives. I will get them up in the morning, get their breakfast, get them dressed and take them to school. Then I will come back home to an empty house and .......what?

What will I do all day while my kids are in school? Clean the house? That doesn't take all day. Well, it kind of does now because I have to chase after the kids while I'm trying to get everything done. But when they start school, I will have roughly 6 hours a day, 5 days a week allllll to myself. What do I do? Oh, I know, I know!!

I will......

Write a book (the Great American Novel)

Paint the house

Paint my nails

Teach the old dog some new tricks

Train the cats for the circus

Start a social club...Soon to be Old Ladies in Fuchsia Hats

Eat.........no, never mind that one

Start watching soap operas......don't think so

Go back to working outside the home during school hours

Volunteer at the school library a couple of days a week

Aaaah, the opportunities are endless!!

But I think the first two days are gonna go like this:

Day number one: cry until they get home because I miss them
Day number two: enjoy the silence:)

BUT....that day is a couple of months from now, not today. And I plan on really enjoying the next couple of months closing out this chapter before the new one begins.

Peace allllll....................


PS By the way as of 11:30 tonight I will have been a non-smoker for TWO WHOLE MONTHS!!!!!!! Yay for ME!:)

4 comments:

Oh great One said...

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on kicking the smoking habit. It's a tough one and you should be proud.

I'm with you on the new chapter thing. My baby will start preschool in the fall and while it's only a few hours in the mornings it's gonna be a big change for us. A glimpse of things to come.

Ed & Jeanne said...

School...the ultimate day care!

elizabeth said...

Yay you!!

I don't know about you but - I hit the gym and have come to love the time I spend there. No kidding. Plus, I garden and read. I borrow my friends kids...lol.

Granny Annie said...

WhooHoo! You are doing great on the non-smoking thing. Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work.

Don't you know that there is no such thing as free time for a mom. Once people become aware that your kids are all in school they will be thinking of lots of things for you to do for them! Learn this word....NO!