Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I Don't Get It

I'm not the smartest person in the world. I know, I know....no one would have believed that if I hadn't said something. I mean, I can understand the usual stuff, like how to balance a checkbook, how to program a VCR (even though they are almost obsolete now), and how to parallel park. But life isn't full of the usual stuff. It's full of the quirky and kind of left of center things that I can't seem to wrap my brain around. For instance:

Why did my 3 year old come into the living room today on all fours with the dog's leash draped over his shoulders? And then proceeded to scratch at the front door?

Why do they call Lifetime "television for women" when my husband (and a lot of other guys I know) watch it all the time? (even though they would gnaw off their own arm rather than admit to it)

Why do my kids never want to eat what I give them but they will eat what I'm eating (even though it's the exact same thing)?

Why does my husband get all bent out of shape for days over a letter from the IRS when a simple 20 minute phone call (made by me of course) took care of the situation?

Why does my husband wait until I am in the throes of PMS to be particularly irritating? I swear it's not me....really, it's not.

Why are men harder to understand the older I get?

Why will the kids eat all of the ketchup on their plates and none of the hot dogs?

Why do the kids and the dog follow me into the bathroom and stare at me while I am....ahem....taking care of things? Can't a person pee in private around here!?

Speaking of which, the kids and the dog are asleep right now, so let me go take care of something. (Watch 'em wake up;))

Peace allll.............

4 comments:

begins with v said...

that is too funny...my husband gets all bent out of shape about things like that too! And I am just like you...I say "calm down and just call someone" and he says "no, that won't do any good" and i say "ok, I'll call them" and then guess what? problem solved. At this point, he usually gets a proud puppy dog look on his face.

Oh great One said...

The only time I can pee in private is when the kids are asleep. So that is nap time and 3 a.m.

C said...

Ha ha!! I just posted a "note to self" on my blog the other day about the need to remove the klaxxon and flashing red light from the bathroom door. You know - the one that alerts the kids every time you go in there. :oP

I thought kids wearing leashes was a normal thing. *looks to see if anyone is staring at her "sled dog team" of children*

Anonymous said...

Lol, but life can be a bit like that. BTW did you see my new pup from Darksky Alaskan Malamutes?
Nancy