Saturday, October 11, 2008

Because Some Days

Because some days I just shouldn't leave the house.

We ran out of pickles today and so I decided to hop in the car and run to the dollar store real quick and buy some. The dollar store is maybe a quarter of a mile from our house. Two turns and you're there. Fine. It was on the second turn that I cut the wheels a little too close I guess and hit the curb with the front and back tires....HARD. Rattled my nerves a little, not to mention the fact that it was quite embarassing. But I trudge on to the dollar store anyway. Grabbed a little basket, got my pickles, put them in the basket and went to stand in line at the check-out. (This store always has a line....ALWAYS...and the slowest cashiers in the land.....but they're close so whatareyagonnado?) Waiting in line and I don't know how this happened but some way or another my pickles flipped out of my little basket and fell to the floor, in an explosion of glass and pickle juice. (Did I mention I was like 5th in a line of 11?) Oh, what fun. Young girl came out to clean up the mess and I helped her get it cleaned up, because I felt incredibly guilty for being so incredibly clumsy, lost my place in line and waited another 10 minutes, still horribly embarassed, before I could finally pay for my pickles and leave.

Upon leaving the dollar store, I realized I needed to go across the street to the convenience store and pick up a bag of ice (no the dollar store doesn't sell it and even if it did, I would not have gone back in there). So, I went across the street, parked in that madhouse maze between the gas pumps, half of which were out of order and the other half of which were simply out of gas, went in the store and bought my ice. Came out, everything's lovely. Tossed the bag of ice on the front passenger seat. You know, the comfy, cushy, upholstered front passenger seat. The bag of ice immediately split open all over the front seat of the car. I saved what I could, chunked the rest and got myself home as fast as possible.

Sometimes you just shouldn't leave the house. I'm just thanking the good Lord I made it home in one piece. May not have made it home gracefully, but at least I got there safely:)

Peace allllllllllllll.....................

5 comments:

Granny Annie said...

I just knew you were going to say that when you left the convenience store with the ice you had a flat tire from hitting the curb earlier and had to wait for Grover to come get you while the ice melted......

Sorry it was a bad trip -- Happy it wasn't worse. Hugs.

Jon said...

At least it was the ice that ended up in the car and not the pickles. Man that would've smelt beyond funny.

Oh great One said...

Do your shoes smell pickley? That would be my luck.

I hope today is better!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Thank God you didn't decide to go visit a nuclear power plant...

Oh great One said...

I miss you!