Sunday, August 05, 2007

Irritation

Would you like to know what irritates me? You would, wouldn't ya? Lots and lots of things do, but I will only mention a couple, because all of my peeves and irritations would take forever to list.

1. It irritates me when people use K and Z in words when they really don't belong there. You know, like "Krazy Al's Used Cars" and "how you guyz doin'", "Boyz in the Hood" and so on. It also irritates me when people use that backwards "R" like in "Toys R Us". A lot of people disagree with me (I can tell because I've read their writing.) They look at these things and think "Oh, how cute....that's written just like a first grader would write it", never bothering to think that the person that came up with this "cute" idea is making a whole lot of money teaching people that illiteracy is cute.

2. The birds that eat the dog food out of the dog's bowl irritate me. Look, fellas, it isn't winter yet. Get your own box!

3. Kids that don't listen irritate me. Not little kids. We all know that they never listen unless they're not supposed to be. I'm talking teenagers. How many times do you have to be told to do something that is your responsibility before you finally break down and do it (with much attitude I might add). If you had just done it the first time, you could have saved us both a lot of trouble.

4. Drunk/high people that get philosophical irritate me. I don't know why they do, they just do. I would just like to stuff a sock in their mouths until the buzz wears off.

5. When I check my local radar and get a temperature reading of 96, then turn to the Weather Channel and get a temperature of 91, then turn to my local news and get a temperature of 89, that irritates me. Can we all get on the same page once a day?

6. People that stare irritate me. Not people that may be staring at me but people who are staring at nothing. The reason they irritate me is because I will always look to see what they're staring at and when I realize that they're staring at nothing, I feel really stupid.

7. Feeling stupid irritates me.


Okay, I'm reviewing my list, reviewing my list and........yep, I'm a little anal. I suppose that's irritating to a whole lot of people.

Peace allll.............

2 comments:

Oh great One said...

It makes me crazy when it LOOKS like someone is staring AT me but they are really just zoned out and staring into space. I feel like all self conscious, then I get cranky, and then when i figure it out I feel like a dork.

Granny Annie said...

ThankZ for thiz great entry! Forgive me if it appearZ I might be staring!