Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I Don't Make This Stuff Up

I don't make this stuff up.....I promise I don't.

My children are dangerous. There are many reasons for this. One, they are big for their ages. They are 4 and 5 and the are the size of your average 6 and 7 year olds. Because they are still little boys, they don't have much experience in knowing their own strength and they don't, as of yet anyway, have very good aim.

A couple of months ago, I was sitting in the backyard playing with the dog while the kids where running around, swinging, etc. I heard Lukas say "hey, mom!", and looked up just in time to get knocked in the head with a golf ball. He was throwing it at me so I could catch it, but either he didn't call me in time or I didn't look up in time. I'm still not really sure which. Anyhow, he threw the ball hard enough to give me a mild concussion. Seriously, a concussion from a golf ball. Didn't know it could happen but it did...and it happened to me.

Flash forward to last night. I am sitting in the living room along with everyone else, watching "Hell's Kitchen" (GO ROCK!) and the phone rings (cordless phone, bear in mind). I know it's over there on the loveseat where Grover and Jakob are sitting so I pay it no mind. I'm looking down reading something when BAM! I got hit square across the bridge of the nose with a flying cordless phone. Turns out that Jakob, while trying to throw the phone TO me, threw the phone AT me. (See, one of Jakob's jobs during the day is if the phone rings, he will run and grab it and bring it to me....so I can kinda see where he may have gotten the idea to "toss" the phone to me......kinda) Anyhow, upshot of that is......my nose is broken. Not badly, just a crack really.....but hey, a crack, a break...all the same really....it hurts...a lot.

You know, if I could improve their aim, when they get older, they would both make really, really good football or baseball players. Cause, they really have some power throws!

But, until then, I think I'll start wearing a helmet.

Peace allll............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ick. I would say you have bad luck with flying objects. I do as well. If it is airborne, it will hit me.

Oh great One said...

I was going to suggest a helmet but you beat me to it! It must be a boy thing. Mine is only 3 and he can really hurt me. Not by trying but just in playing. Take care of yourself and WATCH OUT!