Friday, October 22, 2004

TGIF (Fall that is....autumn.....soon to be wintertime)

I love autumn, yes I do!! Having been born and raised in Huntsville, Alabama and having a birthday in what we call the 'dog days', I have never enjoyed celebrating my birthday. Who would when you have to keep the cake in the freezer until 5 minutes before you eat or otherwise it will melt?

Now, autumn here is not like it is everywhere else. Instead of lasting for three months, it only lasts for, oh, roughly three weeks. And then we are into our version of winter, which takes place bewtween January 5 and February 2. See by the time the groundhog sees his shadow we are already warming up. Grrrrr.....

Anyway, it is a rare fall day outside today and like most people who are not used to this kind of weather I shall put on my snow suit and grab my skis. Those leaves on the ground ain't for nothin' ya know!!! ( I hope to take my kids up north one day for a winter vacation....so they will know that snow is real and not just something you see in pictures!:-))

No comments: